This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Proble with pubDate Using Blogger Feeds

Jun 27, 2007 at 4:29 AM
I have tried to get the pubDate field to work with both atom.xml and rss.xml files from a Blogger feed and the data does not seem to be populated in the RssDataSource object.

Is this a parsing bug with Blogger feeds?

pubDateParsed is populated, but appears to be Now() for all articles and is not what I'm looking for.

As a side note, the correct pubDate is correctly displayed when you put the atom.xml or rss.xml feed address in IE7 and let the browser render the date field (along with the rest of the feed), so I know the data is there. It's also visible when looking at the raw feed in Notepad or whatever...

Any ideas?

Cheers,
-jc
Jun 27, 2007 at 4:46 AM
Edited Jun 27, 2007 at 4:47 AM
I think I may have just found the problem, in your RssToolkit / Resources / AtomToRss20.xsl file:

<xsl:element name="pubDate">
<xsl:value-of select="//*name()='modified'"/>
</xsl:element>
<xsl:element name="lastBuildDate">
<xsl:value-of select="//*name()='modified'"/>

these should read:

<xsl:value-of select="//name()='published'"/>*
<xsl:value-of select="//name()='updated'"/>*
</xsl:element>*

There may likely be more to it than simply the XSL, but I haven't had much time to look through this yet...I'll play around a bit...

-jc
Jun 27, 2007 at 5:01 AM
looks like it is just an XSL that needed to be updated.

to have it look closest to what IE7 is displaying, here are the updates that I needed to make:

in channel:
<xsl:value-of select="//*name()='updated'"/>
<xsl:value-of select="//*name()='updated'"/>

in items:
<xsl:value-of select="child::*name()='updated'"/>

cheers,

-jc
Jul 25, 2007 at 4:00 PM
So how can we fix it in our code?
Jul 25, 2007 at 8:30 PM
Just open the RssToolkit / Resources / AtomToRss20.xsl file and change the two elements as listed above. That should do the trick.

Cheers,
-jc
Aug 9, 2007 at 10:03 AM
Hi, I'm facing the same problem! I'm basically using .dll file only. Does it mean I need to download the source fr CodePlex and re-compile with the changes above?

If so... ummm.. how do you go about it? Anyone kind enough to post an update .dll file??