This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

After upgrade from 1.0 to 2.0 website does not compile

Nov 5, 2007 at 2:16 AM
I have upgraded to version 2.0 by placing the new dll in the bin folder, but now the website wan't compile. This is the error I am getting:

Compilation Error
Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately.

Compiler Error Message: CS0115: 'Ads_Handler.PopulateChannel(string, string)': no suitable method found to override

Source Error:

Line 14:
Line 15: //the class name has to match the the Class Tag specified in the @WebHandler directive; it has to inherite from <abc>HandlerBase Where <abc> = the file name portion of your rss file. For example, my rss file is mclvancouverusedcars.rss so I derived my class from mclvancouverusedcarsHttpHanderBase
Line 16: protected override void PopulateChannel(string channelName, string userName)
Line 17: {
Line 18: channelName = "Zikbay Classifieds";

Source File: c:\Documents and Settings\RAFAL\my documents\development\Ads_IwantIoffer\wwwroot\ads.ashx Line: 16
Nov 6, 2007 at 2:45 AM
Can somebody pleae help me. I did everything as suggested, it was working with version 1 of Toolkit. Is this because I use VS 2008?
Nov 6, 2007 at 4:45 AM
Edited Nov 6, 2007 at 4:51 AM
This is my .RSS file. maybe the version 1.0 tolerated some invalid syntax???

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<rss version="2.0">
<channel>
<title>Zikbay Classifieds</title>
<link>http://www.zikbay.com/</link>
<description>Zikbay Classifieds - Best Free Classifieds</description>
<ttl>1440</ttl>
<copyright>(c) 2007 Zikbay.com </copyright>
<image>
<url></url>
<title>Zikbay Classifieds</title>
<link>http://www.zikbay.com/AppThemes/Blue/Images/zikbaylogo3.gif</link>
</image>
<name></name>
<user></user>
<lastUpdatedDate></lastUpdatedDate>
<item>
<title></title>
<description></description>
<category></category>
<link></link>
<pubDate></pubDate>
</item>
</channel>
</rss>

The class ClassifiedsHttpHandlerBase is generated by build provider based on .rss file, but it does not have any methods!