This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Not a valid virtual Path

Topics: User Forum
Jan 30, 2007 at 10:58 AM
Hey there -

first of all, great work at codeplex. I'm using the Ajax Toolkit already and now I just integrated the RSS Toolkit to my Website.
But there is a Problem:

I have a Gridview and within the gridview, i have several categories with entries. You should be able to receive a RSS per category, so I have an RssHyperLink in my ItemTemplate. In the Codebehind, I bind the RssHyperLink to the category, passing the category id by the Channelname (is there another possibility maybe???).

Code look like this:
Dim RssLink As RssToolkit.RssHyperLink = _
CType(e.Row.FindControl("RssLink"), RssToolkit.RssHyperLink)

'RSS FEED SETTINGS
RssLink.ImageUrl = Me._entryPath & "/rss.gif"
RssLink.IncludeUserName = "False"
RssLink.NavigateUrl = Me._entryPath & "/entries.ashx"
RssLink.ToolTip = "Add Category to your RSS Reader"
RssLink.ChannelName = idCategory.Trim()

Well, on the first call of the page, everything works fine. But when I do paging, I get the following error:

/entries/entries.ashx?c=c95bda70-14ca-4ab2-bbe1-615ed18507b3 is not a valid virtual path.

System.Web.VirtualPath.Create(String virtualPath, VirtualPathOptions options) +3536351
System.Web.VirtualPathUtility.ToAbsolute(String virtualPath) +9
RssToolkit.RssHttpHandlerHelper.GenerateChannelLink(String handlerPath, String channelName, String userName) +87
RssToolkit.RssHyperLink.OnPreRender(EventArgs e) +182

So I have no idea what went wrong. Hope you can help!

Greetings

Tom
Mar 2, 2007 at 8:14 PM

SitePoint wrote:
Hey there -

first of all, great work at codeplex. I'm using the Ajax Toolkit already and now I just integrated the RSS Toolkit to my Website.
But there is a Problem:
Well, on the first call of the page, everything works fine. But when I do paging, I get the following error:

/entries/entries.ashx?c=c95bda70-14ca-4ab2-bbe1-615ed18507b3 is not a valid virtual path.

I'm in the same AJAX/Rss Toolkit problem. When I click in other Hyperlink (that do postback) that the RssHyperLink I get the "... is not a valid virtual path." error.

This is as I click in the RssHyperLink with bad parameters. I think the RssToolkit is not friend the AJAX Toolkit.

Did you get a solution?